Wednesday, June 11, 2008

(W)here i am...

Day passes by as it transforms itself from morning to noon and rests into dark - so effortless. Seasons change from rainy to summer to rainy to winter and back to real raainy - so seemless. But alas! my surroundings have no relevance to any of these changes of nature. The people here are relentlessly punishing their bodies as if they stepped out of their homes this mornin with a vow to test the endurance of their physical and mental strength and retun back with a new HIGH SCORE. They park themselves at their cubicles and remain motionless and expressionless for most part of their day. There seems to be some kinda restriction on human communication at this place. Here conversations and laughter are hidden as cellphones by students in VTU college's. People confine themselves in a small room huddle up to listen to a speaker phone. They stare at it as if some "Item Number" is being played on the screen.

I find myself at this place every single day where mornings and nights have a striking resemblence cos nor do i see de daylight nor the darkness all i see is TUBELIGHT - Rain or Shine curtains are drawn. Temperatures are just figures in news for me cos i'm in a 16 - 20 dergree celsius controlled environment. Identities of my friends are reduced to just names with red-orange-green-gray colour beside it. Yesssss u guessed it right. I'm a software labourer.

Other than work or absence of it there are only 2 things that can force thy to rise from thy holy chair, i.e, either ur bowel is full or ur stomach empty. Such is the life we live. All u rickshaw drivers when will u understand IT??? I don't care wen u learn to browse net or wen will u read this post of mine but i want u to know some facts - we are not some rich guys dude, u are way better than we are. We suck miserably.
don blv me?? here are some FACTS:
-we have job, but u have work
-we live in small houses paying huge rent. I'm sure u live in a bigger space than me if not same payin much less.
-we only look rich, u easily earn equal to or more than us.
-we pay taxes, u don't.
-wen petrol price rise ur hire charges/ demands rise simultaneously, our pay doesn't.
-we can't answer back or swear at our customers/ clients, U CAN and U DO.
-If u don't wanna work u can refuse to, WE CAN'T.
-We wasted 4yrs of our life studyin shit we now don't know abt, u didn't.
-Economies don affect u, it does both Indian (inflation) and american (recession).
-Our parents don have a clue wha v do for a living, ur parents do.
-Our parent's expect us to go abroad for them to boast abt it, they dunno abt the fact that we need to present our client with our sole arse for their liesure, U don't have any expectations or fear as such.

We are just brainless slaves in good clothes and a tag around our neck. So next time u see a young guy walk up to u requesting u to go somewhere avoid behaving like his TL or PM wen he ask's for a leave just befrore a release. Please be nice to him by not quoting exhorbitant rates and please return change. Even if its 2 rs. I'm serious, we expect that. It's a request dude.

All you ppl who managed to read it full (or u who skipped the story to see how i end it) and are wondering what inspired me to reflect on my PAINED lifestyle and write abt it.
Here It is:- When i returned home from work today i climbed to the second floor stood in front of my door. Reached into my pocket pulled out my ID an flashed it to the wall beside. I waited for the beep for whole 10 secs after which i realized that this door opens with a key. I turn around to check if my neighbours have watched me makin a complete a fool of myself - aah not this time.. I quietly replace my id card in my pocket and pull out the key.
- TRUE STORY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That day after I asked "Howz work?" I saw that you changed your
status message to "Don't ask me how's work, My ans: It's fine." ;) Lol...

The post is nice and touching...Good that you are at least getting some time to get creative in your IT schedule.
Keep posting, good for you.

Cheers,
Prabhanjan Mulugund :)