Saturday, March 12, 2011

Operation Chi-Bang: Part 1

Wire dated Mar-10-2011 :
Chi -to- Bang

Subject: GOLD MEDAL??

Bob,
Off all the ppl who matter only u & me are left in C Kompany from our batch. Su left yesterday… Where do we apply for a medal in KMS??

-----------------------------------------------------
Reply Wire dated Mar-11-2011:
Bang-to-Chi

Subject: RE: GOLD MEDAL??

Gold medal rakhein hain khate...unhe bolein 5 saal complete hone pe secret mission pe bhejenge..wahan jaake puzzle solve kiye toh gold..
          Translates to: "Apparenly Gold medals are waiting for us... They said after completing 5 years they'd be sending us on a secret misson.. If we go there and solve the puzzle then GOLD it is.."



~Circa 2020 ~

Now back @ home, looking at this mail which, back then, i so childishly dismissed as just another rant from BOB. This is where it all began March 11 2011, what I forgot to consider back then was that with bob now in Presales he had much more info than what i blvd him to have. In all those unassuming banter we so often had after his so said TRANSFER, I never caught his clues, but now when I look back it all makes sense. C kompany, Bob, my Lucky break, The red satin ribbon around my neck right now and the big gold medal which it’s there to hold-everything makes perfect sense now.

The set pieces as they are:

~ Flashback 2007~

C Kompany:
Set in an unassuming surrounding, it could have very well been mistaken for a gdown than any workplace back then. It brought in a wide assortment of ppl, from dumb to super dumb to the street smart to the smart asses of out generation. None knew why they joined this joint. None knew why they stuck on to it for as long as they did. None know why they still are there and wha’s holding them back from moving. All these doubts were diligently answered with a single lazy conclusion: FATE. But the men upstairs had much more on their minds for how our fate would be decided by the mechanics of their fingertips. It was tough, barbaric, but nevertheless we both made it, and the gold medal stands as a proof to that.

~Flashfoward 2011~

I had just returned from CHI, jetlag and profusely sweating in BANG, thanks to the inhumane cold conditions that my body had taken to there. I called bob and asked him to drop by later that evening at my place, but his reply, the tone and the words he uttered, he said “come to office @ 11:45pm sharp. I’ll wait for u in ccd our usual table, come by walk and keep ur cell in SILENT mode” and he dropped the call. All this brought a strange feeling of doubt and awkwardness in me but I attributed it to my Jet lag.

As instructed I reached ccd a minute early @ 11:44. He was seated @ our table, smoking a Kings ultra milds, we hugged and he straight away put out his ciggi (very unusual of him) and gestured me to follow him. The place looked renovated, colorful and slick, all with asbestos ceilings and bight colored glass panes. For some reason the lights were out, and no guards at the table, Bob lead me with the torch, from wha seemed like a blackberry phone. We went straight to the SERVER ROOM on 2nd floor. Bob paused, looked back at me smiled and swiped his card at the panel outside the server room, all this happened so fast that I had no time to stop him from setting off the admin’s alarm, but to my surprise the door opened with a silent hisss. He walked in and I followed him there, the door shut behind us as we did.

Continued in PART 2......

2 comments:

Aprajita said...

Shettttyyyyy... Wat did you guysss Do der...:)

Aprajita said...

Shetyyyy want to know wattttttt nxttt...