Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Operation Chi-Bang: Part 2

Contd from PART 1

~FlashForward 2019~
“How do we move these to achmed’istan Oil ??” I asked a local opium farmer.
He looked at us, the beige jumpsuits we wore, it was a contrast to the blistering ACHMED heat treated arid land, perplexed and by now a bit unsettled, he summoned his gun totting henchmen. 7 of them. Mood of alarm had set in, they pointed semi-automatic Uzi’s at us and spoke rapid achmed’ani dialect. Bob translated it for me between his ciggi puffs, he had learnt the dialect or say quite a few local languages along with lotsa killer Krav Maga moves during his stint as Presaleman, a front obviously. He was this operation’s Translator.

Henchman: !@!@!@ *STARES*
Me: wha’s he saying ?
Bob: He’s asking me to put this ciggi down.
Me: Then why the fuck are u not?
Bob: Cos I don give a fuck bob !
Me: Say we just need directions. And put the fucking ciggi out.
Bob: !@@!!@@
Henchman: !@!@!@ *STARES*
Bob: Says he’ll shoot me if I don’t drop it till he counts to three.
Me: drop it, will u?
Bob: “Ah! fuck it.” He said and put his light out.
Bob to Henchman : “!@!@#@#@#!@##”

One of the frail looking henchman is instructed by, who seemed like, their boss. He slings his uzi to the side on his shoulder, lets it hang there and walks towards me.

Henchman to Bob: “@#$##$*(&*(&*(&”
Me: Wha’s happening?
Bob: “Don move or he’ll blow both to bits. That prick is gonna check ur jumpsuit’s pocket. I asked him to.” he said with a smile in the last sentence, smile, so did I, cos wha lay in our pockets will rattle their spine.

~FlashBack 2011~
“Fab left C Kompany to a SERIOUS one, VRN went back to karama, and Nandu became a sailor, I became a presaleman and you went to CHI" Said bob leading me down from the unlit server room on a spiral stairs, we must have passed 5 floors already I said to myself,
"What’s the connection?” he asked.
“Nothing” I replied.
“C Kompany- Shetty!!! each one of us was moved strategically or made to stay as per one’s level of involvement reqd for the operation” he said with a annoyed expression, which was directed at my cluelessness.
“What Operation?? ‘Level of Involvement’ in what??” I asked.
THIS” he replied and flicked the switch on.

The sudden brightness, of what seemed like a dozen high power flood lights, blinded me for a minute but when my eyes adjusted to the light I saw a room full , tens if not hundreds, of what once were the Overhead AC ducts that had filled the now multicolor renovated Bldg 1 with it's newly acquired asbestos. I looked at it and looked back at bob. Wide eyed and confused.

Continued in PART 3.......

No comments: